Sunday, April 11, 2010

Steve vs. Bill!


Tonight I was watching an interesting conversation between Steve Jobs CEO of Apple and Bill Gates founder and ex-CEO of Microsoft held in 2007 ( it was the first time I was watching it though!).

They were talking about how they started their works and established their corporations when they were so young. Bill left Harvard because he knew what he wanted to do, started Microsoft and gave too much to world! DOS, Windows from 95 to 7 and so much more.

It’s almost the same thing for Steve since the co-foundation of Apple. There has been so much going on since the introducing of Apple II series and then Macintosh until the shakeup of iPod and iPhone and now iPad.

The interesting point in my view was the refusal of Steve to answer the questions related to the evolution of laptops; even the host replied that Bill was revealing all the secrets while he wasn’t. The reason now must be a lil clear; the project of iPad!

“I think the world's a better place because Bill realized that his goal isn't to be the richest guy in the cemetery. That's a good thing, and so he's doing a lot of good with the money that he made.

I'm sure Bill was like me in this way. I mean, I grew up fairly middle class, lower middle class, and I never really cared much about money. And Apple was so successful early on in life that I was very lucky that I didn't have to care about money then. And so I've been able to focus on work and then later on my family. And I sort of look at us as two of the luckiest guys on the planet because we found what we loved to do and we were at the right place at the right time and we've gotten to go to work every day with super bright people for 30 years and do what we love doing. “Steve said.

Looking up to them humbly, I can say that if superhuman really exists, both of them really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment