Monday, July 1, 2013

Another Birth


My entire soul is a dark verse repeating you within itself carrying you to the dawn of eternal blossoming and growing up

In this verse, I sighed you, AH!

In this verse, I grafted you to trees, water and fire

Perhaps life is a long street a woman with a basket passes through every day

Perhaps life is a rope which a man hangs himself with from a branch

Perhaps life is a child returning home from school

Perhaps life is lighting a cigarette in the interval between two lovemakings

Perhaps life is dizzy passage of a passerby taking his hat off and saying good morning to another passerby with a vacant smile

Perhaps life is that blocked moment when my glance destroys itself in the pupils of your eyes
And in this there is a sense which I will mix with the perception of the moon and the reception of darkness

"Forough Farrokhzad"

No comments:

Post a Comment